Tuesday, 17 April 2007

I have been doing lots of reading about flexible learning. The entrys that other students have done are very interesting and raise some good points.
I have been finding it hard myself to be motivated in learning this course although i am finding it really interesting and relative to my work. I find it differcult to go about learning by myself without being in a stuctured class. My learning style is visual and auditory so i find it differcult to motivate myself to get out there and do research. I can be reading information and at the end i dont wont have a clue what it is i have just read.
Looking for to the Elluminate session this afternoon. I think i will find that most interesting. Using Skype though the Central Otago Venues has been easy and has saved lots of time being able to set up meetings with the other supervisors at different venues instead of phyically going there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sheryll. That's OK. Just means you will take a little longer to do the course. Perhaps just maintain a casual relationship with it. Look into it and post to it when you can - or when you feel the motivation.

I'd like to see a fuller post on your thoughts and ideas on using Skype in your setting?

Rachel Gillies said...

Hi Sheryll, I sympathise about your learning style but i'm very impressed to hear about your skype participation and elluminate sessions - sounds like you have found that this is good way of working for you? i Have recently worked out that i relally have to be time-efficient on this course and make sure that the small time i do have is productive and foccussed. which includes checking out what everyone else is learning and sharing that knowledge. If you want to have a look at my blog here it is: www.flexiblelearningrach.wordpress.com
cheers, rachel